Today I made Birch Leaf Massage Oil which is great for cellulite, rheumatism, and other aches and pains. It is also beneficial included in a treatment plan for eczema and psoriasis.
- Collect leaves in spring and early summer while they are still quite young.
- Put them in a jar and pour over enough sweet almond oil or olive oil to cover all the leaves.
- Fasten a piece of cloth over the top with a rubber band. This will allow any moisture from the leaves to escape.
- Put the jar on a sunny windowsill and leave for a month. Stir it regularly making sure that the leaves are below the surface of the oil.
- Strain into a jug using a large strainer or sieve. Allow to settle.
- If there is any water from the leaves it will settle at the bottom. Pour into sterile bottles, leaving any watery residue behind and label. Using coloured glass will protect the oil from ultraviolet light. If you use clear glass make sure you store it away from light.